Google Sprint 411
We recently completed a Google Design Sprint for a SAAS technology company that I consult for and it was a very constructive experience.
Before we get into that, here’s the 411 on the Google Design Sprint Process:
- Week Before: Preparation, Team and Availability, Product Availability for User Feedback, User Studies, Identify key measures
- Week of:
- Monday – Mapping the challenge, reviewing your expert’s feedback, picking a target for the Sprint
- Tuesday – Solutions also known as the diverge phase as the team pours in the ideas in a structured process
- Wednesday – Converge, narrowing these ideas and creating storyboards to decide what to prototype
- Thursday – Prototyping and preparing for Friday’s Test
- Friday (and sometimes into the next week) – share the prototype with users for feedback
- Week After: Take everything you have learned and translate to product requirements and roadmap. Start your development. Set up the measures and tracking intervals.
Here are some other great resources for learning about the Design sprint process: